Thursday 17 May 2012

Water and Dreams*

I am having watery dreams. 


Dream One:
Everything is collapsed and fused together. Water is everything and everything is water - but there is something really viscous to this - as if bones and blood and water are all the same thing.


Dream Two:
I am in some sort of post apocalyptic scene - a Bankok prison / homeless scenario, where rich people are going on as normal but there is a massive underclass of whome I am one. All I want is water. A waiter secretly gives me a glass. I need to wash. I eventually find a garden tap out in the suburbs, and risk my life to steal some. When I am trying to find a way out, I find myself inside a place full of swimming pools and children having swimming lessons. 


*Also the title of Gaston Bachelards (1985) book : 'Water and Dreams - an essay on the imagination of matter' 







No comments:

Post a Comment